Saturday, September 5, 2009

Captain's Log - 1245

Just passed the channel marker for the Suwannee River. Unfortunately this passage is reported as very shallow and silted in. I have 50 min more to get to the Northern channel that is deeper. When I talked to Gloria Miller, of Millers Marina, she asked me what my draft was. I told her 20 inches thinking she would say "Oh then you'all be fine". No, she got concerned and told me I better take the Northern channel at high tide? Tides are at least 20 inches so I have to wonder how bad it is?

Couldn't ask for a better day. We saw some more dolphins, many fish, and a Sea Turtle that peeked up and took a look at us.

The water took on a brownish tone from the tannic outflow of the Suwannee.

Alligator Pass Marker to Suwannee Main Channel - Shallow

No comments:

Post a Comment